Mac was widely believed to be safe from Malware but it is no more the case. Since 2005, it has come under increasing threats from malware and viruses. Therefore, Mac users can not stay away from the anti virus softwares. To cater to this increasing need of Mac users, Kaspersky has come out with its Mac version of anti virus. We have previously covered the Windows based version of Kaspersky Anti Virus 2010 in our blog post here. Today we will share the new Kaspersky AntiVirus for Mac.Kaspersky anti virus for Mac shields the Mac OS against viruses, worms and Trojan as well as similar problems on other operating systems such as Windows and Linux. According to PC World
It has been observed that the introduction of Mac OS X has made known on a wide scale the usefulness of multi-platform computers, and thus created a room for Mac in corporate and home networks.
The flipside of the coin, however, is that multi-platform feature also made the Mac, like any other computers in a network, prone to malware attack.
“Just because they have not been infected in the past does not mean they are safe now,” Gun said. “For example, a Mac machine may be compromised by Trojans or key loggers without the user being alerted to the presence of the threat.”
Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac has been developed to meet the specific security requirements of Mac users who know the value of the data stored on their computers, along with the need to keep them running smoothly. The Kaspersky anti virus for Mac performs real time scanning of files, internet downloads and mail attachments. It is fast and non intrusive with only 1% CPU impact on Mac performance. This is a feature that really impress me since i hate the usual slowdown in my computer resulting from anti virus softwares.
Main Features of Kaspersky Anti Virus for Mac
* Kaspersky Anti-Virus offers signature-based protection from all known types of threats including viruses, worms, Trojans and bots.
* Files are scanned when opened, downloaded or saved, restricting access to suspicious files and disinfecting them whenever possible.
* Kaspersky Anti-Virus protection is not restricted to threats against files, music, photos and personal information on your Macintosh; it also defends against the 30,000 new threats that target other types of computers every day, preventing you from passing problems on to friends and colleagues.
Fully Automated Updates
* Kaspersky ensures your security is completely up to date without you having to lift a finger.
* Updates containing protection against newly identified threats are distributed daily (or more often if required) and your Kaspersky software is automatically updated to the latest versions as they are released.
Internet and Network Security
* All files downloaded from the Internet are checked against malware. All identified threats are blocked and accompanied by an alert.
Email Protection and Self Protection
* Your email messages and their attachments will be protected by real-time scanning. As threats are identified they will be blocked and you will receive an alert.
* It’s important to know that Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac is more than capable of protecting itself.
* Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac uses a variety of techniques to ensure that protection cannot be modified or deleted. Password protection also prevents people or malware from disabling or making changes to your antivirus settings that could leave your Mac more vulnerable to attack.
Ease of Use and High Performance with After sale support
* Familiar Mac-style interface makes Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac highly intuitive and user friendly.
* Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac delivers award-winning security levels while consuming less than 1% of processing power.
* Technical support from qualified technicians via telephone and email.
* “My Kaspersky Account” service for requests to technical support. FastTrack Support containing a FAQ database.
* Kaspersky Knowledge Base – an online database of detailed answers to questions about installing and using Kaspersky Lab products.
System Requirements of Kaspersky Anti Virus for Mac
Operating System: Mac OS 10.4.11 or higher
* Mac system with Intel® processor
* 512 MB RAM
* 80 MB of available hard drive space
* Internet connection (for product activation and updates)
Price of Kaspersky Anti Virus for Mac
The Kaspersky Antivirus for Mac is available for $59.95 for 1 year
- Download Kaspersky Anti-Virus & Internet Security 2010
- Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 – Download
- Microsofts Free Anti-Virus Morro – Soon Downloadable
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 – Free Trial Download
- AppUpdate – Keep your Mac apps updated without Mac App Store
- Download iTunes 9.2 for Mac