Facebook saw some viral video scams today in an attempt to steal users personal information. These facebook scam are no different than other or previous ones where you see status update from either of your friends as a video link with some crazy words like shocking video, teacher nearly kills a boy.
While clicking on this video link it opens a facebook app page promoting the application called “Teacher nearly kills a 13 year old boy. SHOCKING!”. It asks you to “click here and then allow to see the shocking video”. Apparently, before you move on to see the video, it asks you to access your public profile and post the video on your wall as well creating a viral effect where in actual there is no video rather some rogue app phishing and posting on your behalf promoting their own stuff.
The folks at sophos updated that the rogue facebook worm continues to spread effecting many people.
Here is the video best summed up by sophos:
- How to Make Facebook Video Calls?
- Set your Facebook privacy in 2 clicks; Made easy by PrivacyDefender [Facebook]
- Super Meat Boy Cheats And Achievements For PC
- ‘Google pays me $76 an Hour’ – Scam Alert
- Angry Birds on Facebook – Coming Soon
- Disable New Photo Viewer in Facebook – How to Guide