Reuters reported in a Japanese newspaper that Toshiba is planning to spend $1.2 billion in a factory to manufacture small LCDs. This factory will initially supply LCDs to Apple for iPhone and other iOS devices. There are also reports from Apple of investing money in this project.
The company’s wholly owned unit, Toshiba Mobile Display Co, will construct the facility in Ishikawa prefecture and the plant will churn out low-temperature polysilicon LCD panels, which allow for high-resolution images, the paper said.
Work on the plant will start by early next year, with the production due to begin in the second half of 2011, Nikkei said.
There is news about this factory that it at this time Toshiba can manufacture 8.5 million units per month and after this facility this output will be doubled.
- Apple App Store Counter About to Hit 10 billion app downloads
- Specs: Apple iPad vs Samsung Galaxy Tab vs Toshiba Folio 100
- Apple Can Launch Navigational Software for iPhone in near Future
- Apple has Taken Help From Federal Government to Stop iPhone Jailbreaking.
- Download iOS 4.3 Beta (build 8F5148b) for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Apple TV
- Jailbreak Detection App “API” Has Been Removed By Apple In iOS 4.2.1