The Sprint will release its HTC EVO 4G android phone tomorrow and it has already been rooted today. Indeed, the modern day hackers have become too good with these things. Thanks to XDA-Developers, the step by step guide has been released and we will be sharing it with our readers here for their delight.
Here is the step by step guide to root your HTC EVO 4G Android phone. Keep in mind that it will result in wiping all your data so take necessary backups.
Before embarking on the rooting steps, put the PC36IMG.zip on the root of your sdcard. Click here to Download PC36IMG.zip
Code for the above step
adb push PC36IMG.zip /sdcard
1) In the first step, you must turn the phone power off
2) In second step, hold the volume down button when you power up the phone and continue holding this button unless you see a white boot-loader screen coming up.
3) In the third step, this boot-loader will now start examining the files to find PC36IMG.zip. the progress will be indicated by a bluish progress bar.
4) Once its done, you will be prompted if you want to flash, you will press YES
5) Now a prompt with reboot option will appear, press yes and here you go, You have a rooted HTC EVO 4G in your hands
Once its done, do the following as well
Rename the PC36IMG.zip on your sdcard:
- plug your phone into a usb port on your desktop and do:
adb shell mv /sdcard/PC36IMG.zip /sdcard/root-PC36IMG.zip
You can read the Recovery instructions at this platform of XDA-Developers
- Android 2.2 for HTC EVO – Download
- Root HTC Thunderbolt with One Click on Windows
- Samsung Epic 4G vs HTC EVO 4G
- Root Motorola Droid on Android 2.0.1
- HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Wildfire S Launched – Specs, Images, Videos and Press Release
- iDect iHome Phone – Features list of Android based Land-line Phone