There have been couple of ways to root HTC thunderbolt but all of them being long and complex may divert some not to route and customize the Theunderbolt. The beauty with all such devices has been the abundance of new ways how they can be rooted. We must thank all the developers working hard and smart to bring out new and new root methods.
Thanks to “Captainkrtek” at xda forum, who have published the one click root method for HTC Thunderbolt. Similar to Captainkrtek & TeamAndIRC statement, we also have the same thoughts: We are NOT responsible for any bricks, fires, or damaged/broken hardware due to this process. You need to take your time and read everything carefully.
Moving further, here are the pre-requisites:
- Windows OS running Computer
- Drivers Installed & Working
- SDK Installed with ADB
- Exploits.zip with contents extracted to your ADB dir
- Downgrade RUU
- A Thunderbolt running 605.6 or 605.9 Firmware
Download the batch file which will guide you through the root process of HTC Thunderbolt. You can download the batch file XDA forum thread at this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1009969
- Root HTC EVO 4G Android Phone
- HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Wildfire S Launched – Specs, Images, Videos and Press Release
- Download YouTube App for Windows Phone 7 HTC Phones Only [How to]
- Download HTC YouTube App for Windows Phone 7 – Hacked to Use On Other Handsets As Well
- HTC Hero:Review and Four New Promo Videos
- HTC Desire vs iPhone 4 vs Samsung Galaxys