After testing the Limera1n on iPad2, MuscleNerd announced that Apple has patched the Limera1n in iPad 2. After the announcement, all the hopes of jailbreakers get tied with SHAtter exploit, but now here is the bad news for guys waiting for jailbreak tool for iPad 2 that SHAtter is also patched in iPad 2.
Geohot released Limera1n back in October 2010 and suggest Chronic dev team that they should save their SHAtter exploit to jailbreak upcoming idevices like iPhone 5 and iPad 2. But Apple has patched both of these exploits back in March 2010 even before the discoveries of Geohot and Dev team.
Geohot is famous due to his bootrom exploits which presents in the hardware. As we all know that geohot is busy in solving the case with Sony so all the hopes of guys who have a plan to purchase iPad 2 are tied with other hackers like pod2g (founder of SHAtter and GreenPois0n RC5).
I think that even if hackers got the tethered or untethered jailbreaking solution of iPad 2, they will not launch it before the launch of iPhone 5 which is expected to launch in summer 2011. Otherwise Apple will surely patch it in iPhone 5 and jailbreakers have to find another exploit to jailbreak iPhone 5.
We will keep an eye on all the latest update of jailbreaking and unlocking solutions of iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and will update TechNama as soon as they release so stay tuned.
- Kernel Exploit Has Been Patched in iOS 4.3.1 – Confirmed by Comex
- Limera1n Exploit Has Been Patched In iPad 2
- SHAtter Bootrom Exploit Leaked
- The Release Of Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.2.1 Before Christmas is Confirmed By MuscleNerd (Dev Team Member)
- Download iOS 4.3.1 Within a Week or Two – iPad 2 Vulnerability Will Be Patched
- Greenpois0n May Release Soon to Jailbreak iPad 2 Using New Bootrom Exploit